The 2021 Manitoba Marathon Hybrid Race Weekend opens March 1st for registration!
Please read the FAQs below for all your race questions and answers! It’s been a year of change in the running world, with lots of questions and uncertainties of where the running event world stands. Your answers start here!
HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR MANITOBA MARATHON RACE WEEKEND?
Manitoba Marathon Race Weekend 2021 in person event will run September 4th & 5th. The virtual events will run from September 1 – 30, 2021 these include all your favourite distances PLUS the option to complete “The Works” and add on Bundle events for those who want an extra challenge!
HOW DO I REDEEM MY DEFFERAL CODE FROM 2020?
Due to the onset of the pandemic, we have made a one-time exception to our historic no refund policy for our 2020 event only. We have worked extremely hard to offer deferrals over 2021, 2022, and 2023. All participants were notified last summer of their options and instructions to make selections on a first come first serve, limited basis as only a certain number of deferrals can be accommodated each year to remain viable.
Deferrals codes for each year will be sent to the email address used at the time of registration. Codes for 2022 and 2023 can only be redeemed for the year they are assigned.
- Those who have received deferral emails for 2021 can apply your code immediately to an in person or virtual 2021 event or bundle. Your code is exclusive to you and was sent to you by email on February 23, 2021. Upon registration for your distance(s), please use your unique promo code in the ‘APPLY PROMO CODE’ at checkout.
- Deferral codes can only be redeemed by the 2020 deferred participant.
Take advantage of our Bundle options and sign up for as many virtual distances as you want (you do have a month after all!), If you are attempting a transaction for multiple participants who each have a code, you must complete each transaction separately, as the registration system will only redeem one promo code per transaction.
- You cannot transfer your deferral code to another person.
- Your purchase with your code is non-refundable and non-deferrable and must be redeemed by the closing date of your applicable registration year.
- Registrants will be able to transfer or sell their spot to another runner via the Race Roster platform no later than August 15th, 2021. Regular transfer fees will apply. Discounted Bundle purchases are not transferrable.
WHAT IF I WANT TO SAVE MY CODE FOR 2022 OR 2023?
Deferrals are only applicable for the year you have qualified for as they were processed on a first come first serve basis, time stamped selection process and deferral years now being full. Your unique promo code will only be activated for your qualified deferral year.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A VACCINE ALLOWS PUBLIC SPORTING EVENTS TO INCREASE IN SIZE?
Currently our safe return to running plan includes limited in–person participation over a two–day race weekend. We do not anticipate it will be safe to host our normal flagship sized event with 10,000 plus attendees this year. However, our current plan ensures a safe, socially distanced race weekend for all participants, volunteers, and partners.
We are working with Provincial Public Health and City officials to ensure we receive the correct, up to date information on the ongoing global pandemic. We will communicate with our registered participants first, with any updates or news. Changes to group sizes (including increases) will be considered but are not expected.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances. That means that once we receive and accept your entry, you have agreed to this policy, will not receive a refund for any reason, and will not be able to defer your entry for another year. Our team is working very hard to provide an exciting and safe in person race experience, however, should restrictions change, and it be deemed unsafe to proceed with an in-person September race, the above policy applies, and all in–person registrants will pivot to a virtual race.