We are excited to be able to share the road with you, and are making many changes to race weekend to ensure the Health and Safety of our participants, volunteers and the community.
In light of COVID-19 and the safety of all involved this year’s race on June 19th, some areas of Race Weekend may be modified to allow for social distancing, as well as a reduction of touch points and increased cleaning practices. The Manitoba Marathon mandates that all participants are required to adhere to our safety policies below and Manitoba’s public health restrictions relating to COVID-19.
We have implemented the following processes that we believe will allow us to hold an event that ensures that all participants, and volunteers have a healthy and happy experience:
- ALL PARTICIPANTS, STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION PRIOR TO RACE DAY.
- All participants and volunteers may be required to wear masks in the start and finish line areas.
- Start line corral capacity will be limited based on Public Health orders for outdoor group sizes
- Start times may be adjusted to create greater distance between runners along the course
- Sanitation stations will be made available at start and finish areas as well as at aid stations along the course and with all washroom facilities
Our 2022 handbook will be available in May, 2022. To view the 2021 Race Handbook Click here
IMPORTANT: All participants please ensure your email address is correct in your Race Roster profile as you will receive important race news via your email.
Package Pick Up
ALL in-person participants must pickup their race kit at the Fit Expo. In person race kits are not eligible for shipping. For the safety of our staff, volunteers and participants masks may be required to enter race kit pickup.
PACKAGE PICK UP/ EXPO DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN SPRING 2022.
VOLUNTEER PACKAGE PICK UP
- Volunteer supplies will be pre-packaged available for pick up at the Fit Expo.
- Additional dates will be announced in the spring of 2022
Community members will be welcome (and encouraged) to cheer along the race course, we ask that everyone respect social distancing guidelines wherever you are!
In an effort to keep the start and finish line as safe as possible, all spectators in IG Field will be required to show proof of Vaccination.
Our race site map will be updated shortly. Stay Tuned!
PARKING ONSITE AND BIKE VALET
- Bike Valet will continue to be available in our usual location.
- Onsite parking will be available for purchase at registration and at race kit pickup
START CORRALS/START LINE
- Corrals will be set up with adequate space to allow six feet between runners as well as a “staging area” in surrounding areas that will allow people to distance in advance of their event.
Start group sizes will be determined by current health orders for group sizes on event day. Waves times may be adjusted as required. Pulse starts will be implemented if required. (times listed have been updated in accordance with current health orders and are subject to change)
- Half and Full Marathon Wheelchair at 6:55 AM
- Full Marathon in one wave at 7:00 AM
- 50K Ultra in one wave at 7:00 AM
- Relay in one wave at 7:10 AM
- Half Marathon in two waves at 7:00 and 7:10 AM
- 10K in two waves at 7:15 and 7:20 AM
- Super Run in three waves at 7:15, 7:17,7:20 AM
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS in the start line corrals and at the finish line (sanitizing stations will be located in both areas)
- PROOF OF VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ENTERING THE START AREA
FINISH LINE/MEDAL/FOOD DISTRIBUTION
- MASKS MAY BE REQUIRED by participants and all volunteers in the finish line area
- Medals will be distributed to finishers but not placed around their necks
- Participants will be encouraged to move through the finish area and maintain appropriate distancing
WASHROOMS & HAND SANITIZING STATIONS
- Porta-potties will continue to be available at the start line as well as on the course
- Hand Santizer and/or washing stations will be available with each porta-potty, throughout the start and finish line areas
- Sanitation stations will be available near the each of the relay exchange zones
ON THE COURSE
Water station set up and protocols will be updated in the spring of 2022
- All stations will offer both water and Nuun Endurance
- Clean Practices Guidelines will be provided to all water stations to ensure that all procedures are uniform and reduce touch points.
MANITOBA MARATHON ONLINE STORE
Exclusive 2022 Manitoba Marathon merchandise will be available in Spring 2022! Purchases can be made during your registration on Race Roster or by visiting our online store. Shipping and Pickup options are available.
***All sales are final***
Have Questions? Click here for our 0ur 2022 F.A.Q.
Unsure about in person racing? Check out the virtual race experience!
Entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances. That means that once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund for any reason and you will not be able to defer your entry for another year.
Please note: at any point should it become mandated to ensure the safety of all participants and volunteers the Manitoba Marathon will pivot all events to virtual and no refunds or deferrals will be offered.
To our province, city, corporate partners, participants, volunteers and supporters for your continued support of the Manitoba Marathon. The safety of all of our stakeholders is paramount and we believe by committing to our safe practice policies above we can enjoy a slightly different but great Manitoba Marathon experience; celebrating fitness, family and fundraising within our great community.