We are excited to be able to share the road with you in 2021, and are making many changes to race weekend to ensure the Health and Safety of our participants, volunteers and the community.
In light of COVID-19 and the safety of all involved this year’s race on September 4th & 5th, all areas of Race Weekend have been modified to allow for sufficient social distancing as well as a reduction of touch points and increased cleaning practices. This includes the Start and Finish line layouts. In accordance with public health guidelines limited in person registrations will be available. The Manitoba Marathon mandates that all participants are required to adhere to our safety policies below and Manitoba’s public health restrictions relating to COVID-19, feeling unwell and travel.
Once you have reviewed our safety protocols outlined on this page please register using the button below.
We have implemented the following processes that we believe will allow us to hold an event that ensures that all participants, and volunteers have a healthy and happy experience:
- All participants and volunteers will be required to wear masks in the start and finish line areas with adequate social distancing provided in start line corrals and staging areas. We also request that runners wear their masks in crowded areas on the course.
- Start line corral capacity will be limited based on Public Health orders for outdoor group sizes
- Start times will be adjusted to create greater distance between runners along the course
- The Full Marathon/Relay Course has been modified to utilize one route that supports all events; this will allow for a reduced footprint of city streets, city services and police support as well as reduced volunteer numbers
- Sanitation stations will be made available at start and finish areas as well as at aid stations along the course and with all washroom facilities
- Operations at aid stations along course will be modified to be “refill stations only” in order to reduce touch points including the removal of all disposable cups. Bring your own hydration vessel.
- All public shuttle buses will be cancelled for 2021
- No expo will be held; participant kit pickup will be announced once available and scheduled to allow for distancing and reduced contact
- In order to maintain safety and best practices for social distancing, all children under the age of 12 must run accompanied by an adult in the same distance
- All Awards and Elite programs have been temporarily suspended for 2021
PACKAGE PICK UP
ALL participants must pickup their race kit or have their kit shipped.
Wednesday September 1, Thursday September 2nd and Friday September 3rd. Location and hours will be announced shortly. If you chose shipping packages will be mailed in August. If you wish to have your package shipped you may still do so via this link. Product listing — Store — Manitoba Marathon 2021 — Race Roster — Registration, Marketing, Fundraising In order to receive mailed packages prior to race day, the mail option must be selected prior to August 15th, 2021. Please ensure your shipping address is up-to-date in your registration profile. Any returned packages with incorrect addresses will be responsible for the additional postage.
VOLUNTEER PACKAGE PICK UP
- Volunteer supplies will be pre-packaged and sanitized in advance of pickups
- All pick-ups will be completed with pre-arranged pickup times
- All volunteers will be required to wear masks: if you do not already have a mask, we will have one for you
- All volunteers will be required to wear masks at all times on race weekend
Community members will be welcome (and encouraged) to cheer along the race course, we ask that everyone respect social distancing guidelines wherever you are!
In an effort to keep the start and finish line as safe as possible, we cannot invite spectators to the Race Site. Only in person registered runners and walkers will be welcome on the University Campus.
BAG DROP – CLOTHING DROP OFF
Bag drop will not be available this year to reduce the number of touch points for participants and volunteers.
PARKING ONSITE AND BIKE VALET
- Park and Ride shuttles will not operate this year.
- Bike Valet will continue to be available in our usual location.
- Parking onsite will be available for purchase at registration (your car is a great place to keep your dry clothes!)
START CORRALS/START LINE
- Corrals will be set up with adequate space to allow six feet between runners as well as a “staging area” in surrounding areas that will allow people to distance in advance of their event.
- Start group sizes will be determined by current health orders for group sizes on event day: the current corral size is large enough to allow for social distancing of 500 and we are currently limiting start times to a maximum of 250. Waves for events with staggered times and pulse starts to allow for sufficient distancing over two days. (times listed are approximate and will be confirmed at a later date)
- 10K (Saturday) in six waves at 8:00,8:30,9:00, 9:30, 10;00 and 10:30 AM
- Super Run (Saturday) in two waves at 11:00 AM and 11:30 AM
- Full Marathon (Sunday) in two waves at 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM
- Relay (Sunday) in two waves at 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM
- Half Marathon (Sunday) in six waves at 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 and 11:30 AM
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR MASKS in the start line corrals and at the finish line (sanitizing stations will be located in both areas)
What exactly does a socially distanced pulse start look like?
FINISH LINE/MEDAL/FOOD DISTRIBUTION
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED by participants and all volunteers in the finish line area
- Medals will be distributed to finishers but not placed around their necks
- Participants will be encouraged to move through the finish area to allow for appropriate distancing
- Food will be distributed to participants in pre-packaged bags
- All bags will be packaged following Clean Practices Guidelines prior to the race
WASHROOMS & HAND SANITIZING STATIONS
- Porta-potties will continue to be available at the start line as well as on the course
- Hand Santizer and/or washing stations will be available with each porta-potty, throughout the start and finish line areas
- Sanitation stations will be available near the each of the relay exchange zones
ON THE COURSE
TOUCHLESS SUPPORT STATIONS
- No disposable cups will be available at the aid stations: we ask that all participants bring their own water bottles and/or cups
- Water stations will be available for refills along the course that will be operated by volunteers. We will offer both water and Nuun Endurance at all stations
- Clean Practices Guidelines will be provided to all water stations to ensure that all procedures are uniform and reduce touch points. Volunteers will wear masks and gloves at all times and will be trained to provide touchless refills of bottles and cups
- Relay participants will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing as they wait for their run team member to arrive and hand off the transponder
- Water table with Clean Practice guidelines will be available
- As no shuttle buses are available this year, all relay participants will be responsible to return themselves to their start location
Please note: at any point should it become mandated to ensure the safety of all participants and volunteers the Manitoba Marathon will pivot all September events to virtual and no refunds or deferrals will be offered.
We are excited to be able to share the course for this year’s race. In an effort to reduce our community footprint and our requirement for volunteer numbers, we will use the half marathon course for both the full and half marathon on Sunday, September 5th. Full marathoners will run the half marathon course twice with an additional loop through St. Vital Park. On Saturday, the 10K course will remain the same, and the 5K will run up University Crescent and loop through the Southwood neighborhood. These changes will only be for 2021, so if you want to run the modified course, make sure to join us! * Please note this route is subject to change slightly as course certification happens.
MANITOBA MARATHON ONLINE STORE
Be sure to grab your exclusive 2021 Manitoba Marathon merchandise during your registration on Race Roster or by visiting our online store. Shipping and Pickup options are available. Items will be shipped in August and pickup items will be available at our Race Kit Pickup Sept 1st – Sept 3rd – location and hours to be announced shortly.
***All sales are final***
Have Questions? Click here for our 0ur 2021 F.A.Q.
Unsure about in person racing? Check out the virtual race experience!
Entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances. That means that once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund for any reason and you will not be able to defer your entry for another year.
To our province, city, corporate partners, participants, volunteers and supporters for your continued support of the Manitoba Marathon. The safety of all of our stakeholders is paramount and we believe by committing to our safe practice policies above we can enjoy a slightly different but great Manitoba Marathon experience; celebrating fitness, family and fundraising within our great community.