For newcomers to ultra-running, the Aqua Tech 50KM Ultra is a great way to try out a longer distance and for ultra veterans, it’s a wonderful way to be part of a big city, mass participation event!
What’s an extra 7.805KM … really?Register
*There are no refunds, or deferrals, event changes and transfers are available at a cost of $20.00 plus any applicable event fees.
Date and Start Times
Date: June 18, 2023
Wheelers – 6:55 am
Main start – 7:00 am
- RACE START CORRALS – runners will assign themselves to start corrals based on previous race times or on predicted times during the registration process. This staging helps facilitate a smoother flow of traffic creating a faster and safer environment for participants.
- Elite athletes will have their own designated toilets at the start line.
- Once you finish our volunteer team will pamper you in your very own infield recovery area.
- Take some time to stretch, cool down and enjoy a complementary massage (provided by Massage Athletica)
- Your clothing that you dropped off in the Pinnacle Club will be conveniently transferred to your infield recovery area.
- Receive an electrolyte replacing beverage, & snacks before reuniting with family and friends!
- Please note: the age restriction for the 50K Ultra is 18 years of age or older on race day – no exceptions.
- Strollers/baby joggers are not permitted on the 50K Ultra course, participants will be removed and disqualified.
- Race shirt
- Finishers medal
A Brief Course Tour
In 2016 our beautiful, historic course underwent its first course change in 30 years, in 2017 we took our participants race experience to a whole new level – field level that is! Our route is stunning, the volunteers are epic, the course entertainment is mind blowing. Enjoy the optimal runner experience throughout the entirety of the course with shade being provided in all the right places and then enjoy a big league finish as you cross your own goal line inside IG Field!
- We will keep you entertained along the course with incredible musicians.
- Our 2000 volunteers will motivate you with their “Miles of Smiles”
- Great Hospitality Stations will keep you energized.
- The excitement of our four Relay Exchange Zones are second to none!
Our route is so flat we’ve earned bragging rights and don’t require an elevation map! With a maximum elevation change of only 3 metres (10 feet).
The course for the 50km will close at a pace of 7:20/km or 12:00 /mile. Participants will agree to follow all policies and procedures as outlined by the Manitoba Marathon in the Participant Rules and Regulations.
All runners who are transported in Marathon vehicles due to course closing or medical circumstances will be required to wear a mask while in the vehicle.