Our course has been the site of past Canadian Marathon and Masters Championships as well as the site of the 1999 Pan American Games Marathons. Thanks to our partnership with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers we are the only Canadian Marathon to finish on a CFL field!Register
*There are no refunds, or deferrals, event changes and transfers are available at a cost of $20.00 plus any applicable event fees.
Date and Start Times
Date: June 16, 2019
Wheelers – 6:55 am
Main start – 7:00 am
- NEW IN 2019 – RACE START CORRALS! Runners will assign themselves to start corrals based on previous race times or on predicted times during the registration process. This staging helps facilitate a smoother flow of traffic creating a faster and safer environment for participants.
- We welcome all wheelchair athletes, please note your event category during registration and earlier start time. Please contact the Manitoba Marathon in advance, so appropriate logistical and course arrangements can be made.
- Elite Full Marathoners will have their own designated toilets at the start line.
- Once you finish our Volunteer team will pamper you in your very own infield recovery area.
- Take some time to stretch, cool down and enjoy a complementary massage (provided by Massage Athletica)
- Your clothing that you dropped off in the Pinnacle Club will be conveniently transferred to your infield recovery area.
- Receive an electrolyte replacing beverage, & snacks before reuniting with family and friends!
- Please note: the age restriction for the Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Full Marathon is 16 years of age or older on race day.
- Strollers/baby joggers are not permitted on the Full marathon course, participants will be removed and disqualified.
- Race shirt
- Finishers medal
A Brief Course Tour
In 2016 our beautiful, historic course underwent its first course change in 30 years, in 2017 we took our participants race experience to a whole new level – field level that is! Our route is stunning, the volunteers are epic, the course entertainment is mind blowing. Enjoy the optimal runner experience throughout the entirety of the course with shade being provided in all the right places and then enjoy a big league finish as you cross your own goal line inside IG Field!
- We will keep you entertained along the course with incredible musicians.
- Our 2000 volunteers will motivate you with their “Miles of Smiles”
- Great Hospitality Stations will keep you energized.
- The excitement of our four Relay Exchange Zones are second to none!
Our route is so flat we’ve earned bragging rights and don’t require an elevation map! With a maximum elevation change of only 3 metres (10 feet), well, look at your table top and that’s what you’ll get!
The Manitoba Marathon course officially closes at a pace of 14 minutes per mile. A well-marked Course Closing Vehicle will signal the closing of the course and the re-opening of the roadway.
- Participants must be aware that the Course Closing Vehicle is also the signal for volunteers to close down Hospitality and Medical stations.
- Participants who have not reached Pembina and Harrow by 11:35 am or who have not reached Pembina Hwy & Crescent Dr. by the posted course closing time of 12:45 pm will be REQUIRED to exit the course via complimentary shuttle back to the U of M.
- These participants are welcomed to the Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries recovery area for rest and refreshments, but will not receive an official time.
- All participants must be finished by no later than 1pm.