Please CLICK HERE to view all 2023 race information. Please check back frequently as this information will be updated regularly.
All the benefits of the Full Marathon and you’ll burn only half the calories! Join over 6,000 runners on the first four miles of our scenic Full Marathon course before breaking off for two miles and then rejoining the Full Marathon course for the last seven miles, back to IG Field for a Big Game Finish!
*There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals.
Find out more about donating & fundraising
Date and Start Times
Date: June 18, 2023
Wheelers – 6:55 am
Main start – 7:00 am
- START LINE CORRALS! Runners will assign themselves to start corrals based on previous race times or on predicted times during the registration process. This staging helps facilitate a smoother flow of traffic creating a faster and safer environment for participants.
- We welcome all wheelchair athletes, please note your sub event during registration and earlier start time. Please contact the Manitoba Marathon in advance, so appropriate logistical and course arrangements can be made.
- Elite Half Marathoners will find Elite toilets located at the start line.
- Once you finish our Volunteer team will pamper you in our recovery area.
- Receive an electrolyte replacing beverage, & snacks before reuniting with family and friends!
- Your clothing that you dropped off in the Pinnacle Club will be available for pickup immediately after exiting recovery.
- Please note: the age restriction for the Asics Runkeeper Half Marathon is 13 years of age or older on race day.
- Strollers/baby joggers are not permitted on the Asics Runkeeper Half marathon course, participants will be removed and disqualified.
- Technical Asics Race shirt
- Finisher medal
The Manitoba Marathon course officially closes at a pace of 14 minutes per mile. A well-marked Course Closing Vehicle will signal the closing of the course and the re-opening of the roadway.
- Participants must be aware that the Course Closing Vehicle is also the signal for volunteers to close down Hospitality and Medical stations.
- Participants who have not reached Pembina and Harrow by 11:35 am or who have not reached Pembina Hwy & Crescent Dr. by the posted course closing time of 12:45 pm will be REQUIRED to exit the course via complimentary shuttle back to the U of M.
- All runners who are transported in Marathon vehicles due to course closing or medical circumstances will be required to wear a mask while in the vehicle.
- These participants are welcomed to the Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries recovery area for rest and refreshments, but will not receive an official time.
- All participants must be finished by no later than 1pm.
A Brief Course Tour
- We will keep you entertained along the course with incredible musicians.
- Our 2000 volunteers will motivate you with their “Miles of Smiles”
- Great Hospitality Stations will keep you energized.
- The excitement of our Relay Exchange Zones are second to none!
The route starts on Chancellor Matheson then winds its way onto University Crescent, Pembina Highway, across the Bishop Grandin Bridge, and breaks away from the full marathon course around mile 5. Participants will enjoy stunning views while cruising past Winnipeg’s legendary ice cream stop -The BDI – (Sorry, NOT an official hospitality station). The course rejoins with the full marathon as it turns South on Pembina Hwy.
This is an event where you won’t need an elevation map – with a maximum elevation change of 3 metres (10 feet), “flat as a pancake” is an apt description.