Manitoba Marathon and United Way Winnipeg are excited to announce a new partnership for 2020.
When you fundraise, you’ll be providing life-changing support for people living with intellectual disabilities. Your donation will go directly to programs and agencies that give people with intellectual disabilities the support they need to live, work and thrive.
Fundraising is easy!
Please register for the Manitoba Marathon online and start making a difference today!
Make a personal donation, and ask your family, friends, co-workers and neighbours to pledge a little support to help you towards your fundraising goal.
Every Dollar Makes a Difference
Every dollar you raise will be invested directly into programs that support people with intellectual disabilities. United Way Winnipeg overhead, salaries, and fundraising costs are paid for through special events and grants, including a grant from the Province of Manitoba.
The Impact of Your Support
Whether you raise $10 or $10,000, every dollar will make a real difference for people in our community living with intellectual disabilities. Here’s an example of the help you could make possible:
- $30 would allow someone living with an intellectual disability to work with their support networks to identify and connect with resources to achieve their vision for a good life.
- $52 registers an adult with a disability in a 10-week cooking program where they connect with peers and learn skills to help them live a fuller, healthier life.
- $68 would allow one youth to participate in a six-week leadership and self-determination workshop, encouraging leadership and independence.
- $80 facilitates one home visit for a new program participant to establish their needs, expectations and goals on a foundation of trust and respect.
- $90 would provide a facilitated planning session for someone with an intellectual disability so they can create a personal plan for education, employment or other social goals.
- $96 would allow 16 youth with an intellectual disability to participate in a social program that helps them develop quality relationships, coping skills, and authentic inclusion in the community as they transition into adulthood.
- $100 will provide a monthly bus pass for one Winnipegger living with an intellectual disability, giving them independence, confidence, and enhanced life skills.
- $365 supports a Circle of Friends for one student living with a disability, helping improve their self-esteem and independence.
- $600 provides books and supplies for ten people with an intellectual disability so they can participate in a book club for a year, creating meaningful opportunities for lifelong learning and social connection.
About United Way Winnipeg
When you support United Way Winnipeg, you’re building a better and stronger community by making the work of 100+ agencies and programs possible. Winnipeggers access these agencies and programs over 340,000 times every year. To ensure that we best serve our entire province, Manitoba Marathon fundraisers that live in rural Manitoba will have the option of directing their funds to programs working in their communities.
100% of every donation goes directly to agencies and programs. United Way Winnipeg’s overhead is paid for through special events and grants, including a generous grant from the Province of Manitoba.
United Way Winnipeg is a volunteer-led organization. Volunteers serve in executive functions on the Board of Trustees, committees, councils, and cabinets.
For more information on how to make or donate to a team, please click here.
For more information on United Way Winnipeg, please click here.