The Manitoba Marathon has made great strides to increase safety, reduce the traffic congestion and get our participants and spectators to the Start on time.
IMPORTANT CHANGES for 2019!
The Manitoba Marathon offers three efficient ways to get to your start line on time:
- Limited on site parking – this year we are implementing a race day parking plan and offering limited on site parking in lots U and I, these are available for online purchase with your race registration or by calling our office. If you purchase one of these parking passes you must adhere to the parking plan as identified on the pass, map and information forthcoming. Those purchasing passes in I lot please be advised you must be parked by 6:30 am and will not be able to exit that lot until 9:00 am due to the Super Run event. Race morning you must ensure you have your pass on person, no pass no parking.
- Bike valet – a bike check system is offered and staffed by volunteers on race day on the east side of IGF field.
- Park and Ride – our fast and efficient park and ride system will continue to be offered at 3 locations. GoodLife Fitness on Kenaston, SouthPark Safeway on Pembina and Manitoba Hydro lot on Chevrier.
To get to your Start Line on time please adhere to the following:
- All runners are strongly advised to arrive at the University of Manitoba before 6 a.m., whether you are a parking pass holder, biking, walking/jogging in, or taking our Park and Ride services.
- Unless otherwise indicated the University of Manitoba is CLOSED to vehicle traffic for the duration of the Manitoba Marathon.
- The Manitoba Marathon has a very successful (Park and Ride) program. A series of buses commutes from designated parking areas near the University, to and from the Start/Finish areas, beginning at 5:30 AM. Please note due to safety reasons strollers are prohibited on the bus. Plan on arriving at your Park & Ride before 6 a.m. to make the 7:00 a.m. Start.Simply stated, if you leave your house at 6 a.m. and expect to find a nearby parking spot at one of our Park and Ride lots at 6:30 a.m., you will be waiting in line for a bus well after your race has started. Please note: only park in designated areas of your Park & Ride locations; vehicles impeding on local businesses that share the same lot may be at risk for tow. Manitoba Marathon is not responsible for any vehicles that may be towed or ticketed on race day.
We encourage bicycles and have ample space for those taking active transport to leave their bikes with our secure bike valet service located at the North end of Investors Group Field.
Additional information is contained in your Participant Handbook which you will receive when you pick up your runner number.