The Manitoba Marathon has made great strides to increase safety, reduce the traffic congestion and get our participants and spectators to the Start on time.
IMPORTANT CHANGES for 2018
Due to circumstances beyond our control , there are changes at two of the Park and Ride locations. Please refer to the map below and ensure you allow yourself extra time to arrive and park.
– Our south end location has moved from the parking lot of Fort Richmond Plaza to Margaret Grant Pool
– There is a significant amount of construction around in and Manitoba Hydro parking lot location at Waverley & Chevrier
Simply stated, if you leave your house at 6 a.m. and expect to find a nearby parking spot at one of our Park and Ride lots at 6:30 a.m., you will be waiting in line for a bus well after your race has started.
To get to your Start Line on time please adhere to the following:
- All runners are strongly advised to arrive at the University of Manitoba before 6 a.m., whether you are biking, walking/jogging in, or taking our Park and Ride services.
- The University of Manitoba is CLOSED to vehicle traffic for the duration of the Manitoba Marathon.
- The Manitoba Marathon has a very successful (Park and Ride) program. A series of buses commutes from designated parking areas near the University, to and from the Start/Finish areas, beginning at 5:30 AM. We strongly recommend that all runners use this service. Please note due to safety reasons strollers are prohibited on the bus. Plan on arriving at your Park & Ride before 6 a.m. to make the 7:00 a.m. Start. Please note: only park in designated areas of your Park & Ride locations; vehicles impeding on local businesses that share the same lot may be at risk for tow. Manitoba Marathon is not responsible for any vehicles that may be towed or ticketed on race day.
We encourage bicycles and have ample space for those taking active transport to leave their bikes with our secure bike valet service located at the North end of Investors Group Field.
Additional information is contained in your Participant Handbook which you will receive when you pick up your runner number.